In my previous post, I went over some basic tips that will help keep your closet organized. With these in mind, it’s time to move on and talk about how to organize your clothing within the closet. Here are my seven tips:
1. Categorize your clothes by making piles of each of the following:
T-shirts, dress shirts, casual pants, dress pants, shorts, tank tops, sweaters, blazers/jackets/vests, dresses, skirts, stockings, belts, socks, undergarments, and shoes.
3. Put out-of-season clothes and shoes in storage. You can put them in bins or vacuum sealed bags under your bed, on a high shelf in your closet, or in the storage room.
5. Hang up accessories. Use hooks or other organizational devices, like scarf hangers (pictured below), to do this. You can purchase one or make it yourself!
6. For the items that you can’t hang up, put them in baskets or in a dresser.
7. Decide how you want to store your shoes. Under the bed, hanging in your closet, on a rack, or in boxes. Do what works for you and your space. My closet is very full, so I put my shoes under the bed in an under-the-bed shoe organizer.